Wednesday, June 24, 2009

UX intern@Impelsys, summer 2009


This summer i thought of going home for whole 3 months and learning guitar as well as enjoying but i ended up with an internship in Impelsys, for 2 months and my dream of enjoying at home crashed :-(
As soon as I arrived Bangalore, i thought i will do more fun less work but you know when you plan something it don't come out in the way you want it and same happened with me. Initially i had lot of fun including going pubs, movie or malls but after passing two weeks, i had to work as we got too much work and once again my dream of having fun crashed down because of work...
Here in Impelsys, we are six people from IITG and each of us are divided in a group of two and the worst thing is that my team got four times work as compared to other 2 teams. Each team had to built the portal for only one site but we got four diff(kids, teens, parents and teachers & librarians) and then one extra global homepage! and sometimes I worked whole the night in the office or sometimes till late night to complete the work.
Initially i thought of leaving the company as i was not much interested in the work they asked us to do! that too four times than other groups! Finally one day i thought, this is my last day in this company, i don't like this work, i don't wanna work here anymore and i am going to leave this company. Alas.. the same day in the afternoon when i thought of talking with management team to leave the company, my manager asked me to submit some assignment! i thought that it would me my last assignment! but i got interest in that! and finally I decided to continue!

Overall it was a great experience.

1 comment:

mohit sharma said...

some time when u do more early day that help a lot in future man ....